Monday, October 6, 2008

He's so lucky.....again!

So, if you haven't guessed by now, I'm slightly obsessed with being a member of MoTab. I may have hinted at it a time or two before, like here & here. This past weekend as we were so reverently & peacefully (do I even need to clear my throat here?) watching general conference, which was THE BEST - consider me totally uplifted & edified, I started having another of my non-delusional conversations with Manly, in my head.

You guys, he is so sweet!

He was making his arguments about why I should be in the choir, how they need me & why they are the ones who are totally missing out. He's right, but still it's not very ladylike to say those things myself, it's so braggy (& as you all know, I'm not like that). But he made me swear I would blog about this 1st thing Monday morning because he's just so darned proud of me. I can't break a promise. Once again, I'm only going to give you his top 5 reasons (out of the countless ones he came up with) why I should be a member of MoTab:

1. My great fashion sense. If I were a member you'd see a lot more hot pink, bright green, bangles, bobbles & skin. Oh, & mandatory make-up. He admires my horse-sense when it comes to appearances.

2. I can sing. If you've ever received one of my singing emails then you already know that. He told me there's not a sound on earth that brings as much joy to his soul as the last note of the song I'm singing. You guys! How sweet. Anyway, I can hold those loooooong notes at the end without doing all of that staggered breathing & without fainting. I know the rest of them have to take breaths.

3. The camera loves me. Like he said, I simply belong on t.v. I would look really good singing up there especially when the camera zooms in on me & I would have a sweet, peaceful, angelic look on my face (without braces - not that there's anything wrong with that). Plus he said I'm hot.

4. I'm the best wife ever. He thinks that's one of the requirements to get in. He's probably right on both accounts.

5. I'm so much fun! He could totally picture what those choir practices would be like with me there to liven up the party. It would be non-stop, side splitting fun & games! Just think, whoopee cushions on the organists bench & spiders on the guys seats. He loves my practical jokes on him, they would too.

There you have it. The Manly, in my head, did it again. He totally made my weekend! As I sang along with the choir the past couple of days, & no one told me to shut it (why would they? besides that's a totally bad word in our house), I could really tell that they wished I was there singing with the choir too.

8 comments:

rychelle said...

oh yeah! can't wait to see the wardrobe change when you're an official member!!
and, what is this singing e-mail you speak of?

Emilee said...

you really are a blogstalker....that's kindof freaky, but I like it.

When I feel like no one is reading my blog, then I will send out emails to my family & those who claim to be my friends & beg them to read it & comment - in song form. I don't know what happened because I haven't heard from them in a while.

Kiersten White said...

Umm...have you SEEN most of the women in the choir? Bless their hearts, but I do NOT want to see more of that skin...

Terésa said...

He is so generous with his comments. And VERY thoughtful. It’s like he know what you are thinking. You guys really are ‘of one mind’!

*MARY* said...

I know the only reason you want to be a part of the MoTab is so you can say you're a member of a grammy award winning choir. But there are other ways of being affiliated with the grammies, if you're really that good, try going solo.

Erin said...

I have to admit every time the choir sang, I though of YOU! You know, I'm sitting downstairs, with the family, minding my own business, trying to get something out of conference, and I am thinking of you! I just couldn't stop thinking that something was missing - every time they sang! I am with Manly on this one, they NEED you!

Emilee said...

You guys! You're all so right! Thanks for making my day.

Elisa said...

Oh my WORD! We are long lost twins separated at birth!!

I SOOO want to be in the MOTAB! Because, seriously? That's wicked awesome!