Tuesday, October 7, 2008

3 Things

Thing 1: Shout out!

I heart my new layout, it should last at least a week. I think blogs should be changed & updated like bags & shoes, actually I don't think that about your blogs, just mine. I like to makeover anything that will stand still for longer than a minute. So blogs are perfect for me. I love all of the fun, new & different looks out there & someday I might even put some $ into it. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. I would like to give a big blogger shout out to Julie at Leelou. Love her site & all of her fun templates. She is definitely a creative & talented WAHM. She is also very helpful to minimally brain functioning beings such as myself. Thank you Julie, for everything, I love it!

Thing 2: More to come.

I have a lot to post & will get to it soon. This is the BIG birthday week. Tomorrow is the BIG day for Lundles. And Friday is her BIG friend party. We don't do BIG every year for birthdays, but last year was especially unacceptable. Manly had started his office at this time last year & we told the kids they would be lucky to see their next birthday with us (we heard there were some really good private schools in Pakistan, who really wanted American kids to join them. They would pay for their travel expenses & room & board. Although the rate of return is very low. It sounded like a great deal.). Well, they're still here so we told them they could each have a friend party this year. As I've been trying to get things ready, I keep asking myself why we ever told them that. BIG is overrated. Pakistan is sounding pretty good right now.

Thing 3: Find pictures of Lundles.

Thing 4: Make cake & fake sushi.

Thing 5: Make dinner.

Thing 6: Shave legs.

Thing 7: Oops, did I post that out loud? I have a lot on my mind.

Thing 8: Post about why mom's should get all the credit for their kids birthday's. Why are we celebrating them? What did they do? They just came out, because we made them, against their will. Everyone, including said birthday person, should be celebrating the mother who went through the 9 months of whatever you'd like to call it (depending on if you're a glass 1/2 empty or full type of person), only to top it off with the delivery. And then all those months of sleepless days & nights to feed & care for, said birthday person. Those are the real heroes, the mothers. Being ripped to shreds isn't my idea of fun. My memory isn't short. I haven't forgotten, oh no! But I did it, to give you life. You owe me & so does everyone else who enjoys said creation of Manly & me. Oops, did I post that out loud too? That's totally not like me. I better go now.

6 comments:

Daya said...

You crack me up!! I totally agree witht he birthday thing though. All they did was come out. After coming out they spend the next years of their lives getting cute and driving us crazy. I agree. Eat the cake by yourself!!

rychelle said...

i'm loving the new layout too!
(however, some of the text is hard to read ie. when the orange text falls on top of the orange flowers)

Erin said...

Birthdays are WAY overrated, my kids are lucky if I even acknowledge "their day".
Hope it turns out great!

"fake sushi"??

*MARY* said...

My husband always gives me a little gift on our kids birthdays. Just kidding, he doesn't, but he will from now on.
Do you really shave your legs in October?
September through March I just let it grow.

Kiersten White said...

I figure, if you can't show it, why shave it? Thus only the calves are ever smooth.

Well, and my armpits, because that's just gross.

You could combine the shaving and the birthday party, it could be themed! Party bags would include safety razors and nice smelling shaving cream! See? Muti-tasking.

Sarah said...

I think the intital "birth day" is WAY less work than all the subsequent ones. Kate's is the day after London's and she keeps reminding me its 'a big, milestone birthday". What does THAT mean? Even higher expectations that the Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana slumber party last year?
It is a 'big, milestone birthday." Its the one where she learns disappointment..ha ha ha ha...