Sunday, October 12, 2008

Miss me?

PHEW! Last week is over. I survived, which I seriously had doubts would happen. So now I'm back. Did you miss me? I missed you. Each time I was doing something I didn't want to do, like hosting a big, out of control birthday party with 10, 10 & 11 year old squealing girls, my mind would go to it's happy place & I would think about blogging & you blogging. 'I wonder what my blogging friends are blogging about right now', crossed my mind more than once. So here's a recap of what kept me from my computer last week:
*
1. Monday @ midnight (technically it's really Tuesday morn but who cares, I was tired) making these napkin rings:

We'll come back to this on Saturday.

2.Tuesday morning. Getting children ready.
Hey Hoodee & Sidysue, where are you going today?
It's your 1st day of Preschool! Hallelujah!!!


3. Tuesday night (after mutual). Staying up late again...
making these for Lundles school class on Wed.:

Sweet Sushi anyone?
*
4. Wednesday. Making this:
And this: (the b-day dinner, chicken pillows & chips)
So the b-day girl will do this:
Happy Birthday Lundles.......again.
*
5. Thursday. Neighbor calls & invites us over.....making children happy. Run children, Run!
because they get to do this:
Thank you Janice!
*
6. Friday: Clean, clean, clean. Hanging these up:
Setting this:
So the dining room will look like this:
For the friend party, which ended up like this:

Trust me, they were not as sweet & quiet as they look in this picture. WHERE'S A VALIUM?!
*
7: Saturday. Remember the napkin rings? They were for this:
The Pink Tea in Pocatello. It's a fundraiser to raise money for women to get mammograms. It's a breast cancer awareness thing. My friend Jaeme asked me to help her set a table for it. Here's her beautiful centerpiece & our table:
So that was my week & I reserve all the bragging rights to which I am entitled (even though I really hate that word, because that mindset is what's wrong with society today......sorry, tangent). I normally don't do really neat, creative & lovely things like these so I'm showing the world.

7 comments:

*MARY* said...

My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail right?

Erin said...

Very creative, very cute, very glad you survived!

Emilee said...

Mary! You didn't get it? I feel awful. We could have used one more shrieking 10 year old around here. JK, you are welcome anytime, you don't need an invitation....just bring cupcakes!

Thanks Erin, I almost sent them over to your place to run around and scream for a while, but alas, I remembered the baby & couldn't bring myself to do it. Next time...

Terésa said...

I’m glad you could post pictures of how talented, crafty, and creative you are. And quite the multitasker too! It makes my week seem sooo eventful. (Note sarcasm) Well, I did fall down the stairs...

Kiersten White said...

Brag it up! Everything looked awesome. Whew! Go you. My kids aren't even getting birthday parties once their friends are old enough to realize that letting them run around the house with baloons isn't actually a cool birthday party.

rychelle said...

you were a busy, busy girl. i hope you got a spa day after all that.

Unknown said...

Hey I found your blog through the "grapevine"! Wow, I could never be as crafty and creative as you! WOW! Those napkin rings are beautiful, it looks like Lundon had an amazing birthday. You are super mom!
Oh I went and visited my mom's class and saw Ethan. He didn't remember me at all, but I told him we go way back!
Nicole