Friday, September 5, 2008

BIG Week

This week is not the BIG week, last week was BIG, this week is a normal size, but I'm writing this week about last week because I didn't write last week about how BIG it was - Capeesh?!
RIIINNGGG - Time for school.
Last Wed. was the 1st day of school. Of course we were late...why wouldn't we be? I was only up at 6:00am and the kids were all up and showered and dressed by 7:15 and we live a full 2 blocks away from the school. We did have a great breakfast though (made by me, which is why it only happens once a year), one that you have to use frying pans, spatulas & cooking spray for, and had plenty of time to spare. But I guess we were just waiting for someone to tell us it was time to go. So when I finally figured out I should be the one to say that, we headed over and wondered why none of the happy little children were frolicking on the playground. When we walked in, the halls were empty, where was everyone? They were already sitting in their seats, weird. My poor kids were stressed enough (they actually hate being late) but I still made them stand outside their doors so I could take their pics, like all of the other (punctual) moms do, 15 minutes BEFORE school starts.

Epee's - 2nd grade
Lundle's - 5th grade (fake smile - not happy about having to walk in while her teacher is in the middle of her one woman act about class rules, punctuality (oops), and the rest, & NOT EVEN happy about her mom making her pose for a pic. while she's mad & she's like way too old for this anyway!).

Fair Time.
The other thing that made last week big was the parade on Sat. The one that kicks off the Eastern Idaho State Fair. L & E both got to be in it for the CBTA (their acting class). They were way excited to be in the parade and to get to wear face paint and have colored hair, which I'm still trying to wash out! Their float was Willy Wonka and they won 1st place. (Not to take away from their teachers creativity because they did a great job on the float, but they were like the only ones who had a real float.)

Epee's Oompa Loompa pose.

Yep, you guessed it. Lundle was the Blueberry girl - Violet B....(I would spell it out if I knew how.)

It was a long, hot day but they did have a lot of fun riding & waving.


Us having fun at the parade...waiting.......& waiting.........

Okay, I had to post this pic though. This was my very favorite! The Broncodettes dressed up as........anyone get it? Yes! Napoleon Dynamite! They were doing his dance, it was the funniest thing ever!
It was a good week, but I'm glad it's over and am back to normal sized weeks - I can't take too many of those or I frazzle.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I didn't know your ids were in the parade, they looked great! Enjoying your fabulous blog!