Friday, November 28, 2008

Something To Think About

So, here I am sitting in my sister's backyard, on her laptop (don't get the impression that I have one of those because I don't), in sunshiny Phoenix (also, if you're wondering about hitting our place while we're gone, don't bother. If you read my last post you would know there is absolutely NOTHING worth taking that risk for in there), just enjoying the view. The view being, Manly & the young one's happily playing in the pool with their cousins & various other backyard activities going on. Sometimes I just get jealous of myself thinking about it. Okay, sorry, I just love it here!

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving! .......yesterday. I hope you had a wonderful day.


As I sit here next to my sister & Dad, listening to their conversation, I was just about to close the lid on this baby & kick my feet up, because I really don't have anything else on my mind besides how full my stomach still is & the Oreo's in her cupboard (am I really ever too full for a double stuff Oreo? That's a conundrum we can explore another time.).

Until now.

Something I just heard my 14 year old nephew ask Lundles made me think. So I have a different question at hand. The question is, & I quote, "Would you rather die by one of those bird-thingys or by a raptor?"

As in dinosaurs.

Hm.

I have no idea which would be a better, or worse, depending on how you look at it, way to die by dinosaur. Personally, I don't think we really have to worry about it, but that's just me. Apparently, there was no obvious answer to that question because her response was, "Huh, I don't know. That's a really good question. I'm going to have to think about that for a while."

Really?

Hm.

What I've decided is that, a) kids crack me up, & b) It's a treat to get a glimpse into their somewhat malnourished minds. Also, during this thankful season, I am grateful to be surrounded by kids whose biggest worries in life are about dinosaur survival.

What do you think?

8 comments:

heidi said...

I am so jealous that you are somewhere warm!! I am glad that you had a great Thanksgiving.

Kristina P. said...

Glad to see you posting!

And I think I might have to go with the raptor.

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

Yay for sunshine. Soak some up for me while you are there. I think I will vote for death be neither.

Terésa said...

That sounds like something C.J. would say. Or, “what kind of animal would you rather be?”

Unknown said...

I am way jealous, the weather in Arizona is always perfect his time of year! Only in Arizona would you be out swimming and soaking up the sun when it is almost December!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

rychelle said...

no rain? it rained like crazy in vegas.

Strawberry Shortcake said...

I love kids and their questions. I think the dino would be better! I am also in AZ and enjoying my first "winter" here. I have never enjoyed winter so much in my life! It's a hard life ;) Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!

Kara said...

funny. that happened to me once..except i was 17 years old, my parents had been out of town for a week, as well as me ( I was at EFY) when I came home I had brought two guests home with me and there was no electricity and it was night time....so 3 girls cleaning up a nasty refrigerator in the dark with a flashlight...NOT FUN.