Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thursday came early

It's 9:30 pm, the kids are in bed, the dishes are done (for once), the bills are paid & I'm waiting for Manly to get home, he's been on a looooong drive since yesterday afternoon.

So I thought I'd put something good on t.v. while I sit & fold laundry as I wait (I kind of like the big lug, plus if I'm still awake when he gets home then I can have him check to see if the front door is locked. It's dark & spooky & walking by the front door at night {even on the inside of the house} kind of freaks me out). The only problem is, I don't really like t.v. these days. I haven't watched t.v. on a Wednesday night in like forever & we don't have cable. And, I really don't feel like flipping through all 4, sometimes 5 depending on the weather, channels, to find out that there's nothing I want to watch.

So, I flipped through Youtube instead.

I just want to watch one show right now. The only show I like.

The Office

So, here at Memo's, Thursday 9/8 central came early. This is what I'm filling my head with instead of thinking about all the lurkers in the shadows around my house just waiting for me to walk by a window.

Oh, how this show makes me laugh. Enjoy!


10 comments:

rychelle said...

i do like that little diddy they play at the intro.

Kristina P. said...

Don't let Rychelle fool you. She is not one of us. And I only became one of us about 2 months ago. I finished Season 3 last week. Love it.

Wendyburd1 said...

Nothing on TV on Wednesdays!! I used 3 vcr's tonight!! Pushing Daisies, Criminal Minds, Bones, Top Chef just to name a few!

Emilee said...

Rychelle - Someday, maybe, you'll see the light.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Kristina - I remember your post about getting into this show (before I came out of the shadows) & you said you were now an office slut. That's when I knew I wanted to comment someday.

Wendy - I just can't get into those shows..... sorry, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Brandi said...

Mitch and I are so into the Office. It is our date night to sit and watch the office with a bowl of ice cream every Thursday.

Kiersten White said...

Fridays are our Thursdays, since we're lame and have no tv reception. But aren't you glad we decided to pay for internet instead of tv?

But that's the bright side--they post the shows the day after they air. Hot Stuff and I have our little Friday night date after the kids are in bed, watching The Office on our computer.

Is it just me, or have the last few episodes not had very many really funny moments?

Strawberry Shortcake said...

The Office is basically what we look forward to all week long. We plan our week around it. I do agree with Kiersten that they last couple of episodes have been duds, but I think it was because they had all of that free time last year when they were torturing us and are out of practice. Still the greatest show ever. I can't wait for the next ridiculous thing to come out of Michael's mouth!

The Motherboard said...

I have a Dunder Mifflin T-shirt. Jealous? I knew you would be.


If I weren't already married, I would marry The Office. Only, its a show.... bummer dude.

Jim is my hero!

Emilee said...

K & S - I agree, the last couple of episodes haven't been too funny. We're have the lovely practical jokes gone? Those are classic!

MommaB - if I knew how to email you regarding your comment, I totally would.

I am jealous of your D.M. t-shirt - I want one!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I found you on mormon mommy blogs. I absolutely love The Office. My husband and I don't agree on too many shows but The Office is a must see for both of us. My friends and I just started a blog that is like a water cooler where we have discussions about our favorite shows. The office is one of them. Come check us out if you have a chance.
blogthedayaway.com