Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The BIG day

Oh my heck! I feel like today is my birthday, wedding, Christmas & like I'm going into labor all shoved together in one crazy package. Like a big, hot, stuffed, delicious burrito, which will eventually leave you with heartburn. I'm really happy & excited yet totally nervous & nauseous at the same time.

It's THE day. Election day. Tuesday, November 4th, 2008.

Also, I have mutual tonight. I always feel a little sick on Tuesdays.


The 1st thing that's making me really happy & excited though, is your commenting skills. I'm so proud of all of you. I would like to thank all of my fabulous readers who worked so hard to get me into the double digits on my last post. Some bloggers have a gift for getting comments. The comments simply come to them like magic (I don't think it has anything to do with their wit or writing skills). Not me. I have to work, as in begging, pleading, coercing, guilt-tripping, really hard for each comment I get.

You exceeded my goal of 10 & got me to 23. It doesn't matter if 8 of those comments were from the same person & 2 of them were from me. The # is there & that's all I needed to feel good about myself. I feel like 23 bucks right now. And all of my wildest dreams have come true. Except for the one where my backside is smaller & not so squishy.

I just hope you guys didn't set yourselves up for failure. I'm going to be expecting at least double digits from now on. No pressure. But, good luck.

The other exciting thing is ...... drum roll please.......I got to vote today. Alone!

Where MY vote counts!

This is the 1st time in 10 years that that has happened. I have always had kids hanging off me, &/or messing/stealing with/from my purse (they learned at a young age that I can't multi-task, like hold a purse & vote at the same time) or bothering other voters by running around in circles screaming 'Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!' They totally get that from their dad. Show off.


In the last presidential election, I showed up with a car seat hanging from each arm, overflowing with 10 month old babies & all of the accessories that go along with them, plus a double stuffed diaper bag. Today I was alone. I could set my purse down - worry free. It was quiet, except for when I started yelling, 'look at me. look at me, look at me.' (I wasn't as loud as my kids though. I only had lower case 'l's & periods.) Unlike those around me, I voted in peace.


I love preschool.

I also love these cute ladies. The pollsters. How cool.
They are all neighbors of mine & they run the voting booths. I totally want to join their group. I asked a couple of years ago if I could, but I'm still waiting to hear back. Hmmmm.

When I mentioned it to them, again & told them that I was free for the next 2 hours & wanted to hang out, they looked at me like this.....
Okay. Maybe Not. I'll just go home & blog.

Well, I've done my part. It's out of my hands now. As far as I'm concerned the polls are closed.

I'm going to take a picture to prove that I voted, but 1st I need to make sure no one is looking & that weird guy is gone.....

Here it is, my proof of voting today. Hands off! It's mine. I worked hard for this sticker & I am going to wear it with pride all day long.

Can you guess what I'm going to do tonight?

After Mutual.

I'll give you a hint:

Chillax. Relax. Chill out. Hang out.

Except not at the pharmacy in Walmart. At home. On the sofa. In front of the T.V.

Watching. Waiting. Anticipating. Crying. Eating. Crying..........

HAPPY VOTING!!!

10 comments:

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

I am so glad its over. Sorry for you Em. I just have to drop my ballot in the mail or drop it in a box.

Kristina P. said...

I wish I were in a state where my vote counted. Blech.

Congrats on your 23 comments! It was all you. :)

Nancy said...

Em, your sticker is way cooler than mine. Congratulations! You voted for Obama, right? LOL just kidding. I just wanted to see if I could freak you out.

Dads(2) said...

It's a good day!

*MARY* said...

AH! THE GUILT!

Daya said...

Honestly the only reason I am excited for today is because it is the last day of those idiotic commercials. I HATE those things. They drive me crazy. Even more than my kids do. That's saying something.

rychelle said...

i wish you would relax like that at the walmart pharmacy. so i could take a pic of you and put it on my blog. ;)

The Turnarounds said...

Your nightmare came true!!!! Now I'm sweating too. I'll call you so we can talk about how stunned we are. Seriously!

Elisa said...

I voted too. But your sticker is more cooler than mine... why?!

Emilee said...

Dads - Welcome. Nice to meet you.
You've got a cute neice!

Mary - You're still the greatest!

Motherboard - Hey. Thanks for your email about G.R. I'm so excited to get it started.