Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Getting home

Hey, everyone! We're back, I've missed you....... (although after more than a week of not reading blogs, I'm kind of scared to check my google reader).

After my last post, I've got another question for you.

What's the worst thing that could happen to your home while you're away on vacation?

It burns down.

Yeah, that would be bad.

What's the 2nd worst thing that could happen?

A flood.

Yeah, that would be bad too.

What's the 3rd worst thing?

A family of skunks move in while you're away and make their love nest right in the center of your living room.

Ew.

How about the 4th worst thing?

The fridge & freezer get turned off just before you leave on your trip, right after you stock it with 3 gallons of milk, several bags of various frozen meats & veggies & a variety of other fresh veggies, dairy & other delicious food.

Yeah, that's bad.

I'm sure glad #1, 2, & 3 didn't happen to us.

As for thing #4, all I can say is, my van story was almost nothing compared to it, although, the stink hasn't lasted as long this time. Unlike the stinky van, I didn't have an automatic fridge wash to drive my fridge through to magically clean it - Manly & I had to do it ourselves.

Double Ew.

But. We have an extremely clean fridge now.

Just one more thing to be grateful for.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

OK, I'm really glad it was #4 and not the rest. Although, #4 totally sucks. I am so sorry!

If it makes you feel better, we have a really stinky boy in our center, and so I can empathize.

annie valentine said...

While my folks were on their mission, their ginormous freezer chest got unplugged and NO ONE KNEW. They came home to a year's supply of rotting flesh (mingled with mushy berries and moldy bread).

So sorry for your loss/mess.

rychelle said...

i am glad to hear it wasn't a fire, flood or love nest.

sorry you had to come home to a mess. but, i'm glad you're making the best of it.

Cynthia said...

Oh yikes! So sorry that happened to you. Sadly, I know first hand what that feels like so I really do 'feel your pain'. It happened to me and my college roomates over Christmas vacation and the stupid landlords tried to make US buy a new fridge. They did all kinds of smell bombs etc. to try and get the stink out- it didn't work.

I don't know though, #4 might SMELL an awful lot like #3. Hope your vacation was otherwise good.

Elisa said...

Ewww! Yikes! This happened to me once... only it was spoiled meat we were smelling. For weeks.

Sorry babe!

keri said...

I was wondering what that smell was blowing over to my house. :)

One summer we accidentally left a gallon of milk in the trunk of the car after shopping. By the time we noticed it was really bad. On The Spot had some cleaner that helped with the smell. Good luck.

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

Sorry Em. One night Brad left the freezer door open just a crack and it was enough to run the fridge and freezer all night and to defrost everything in the freezer. It was crammed full of meat and veggies. I feel your pain. Although, the milk...that is bad...and the fact that it sat there like that...that is bad. And I thought you would like to know that my verification word is "asbony". I thought that was worth a mention.

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

P.S. I'm glad you're back...I missed you.