Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tis the season

Hello all of my fellow blogging & non-blogging more like stalking friends! It's been a while. I've had to make some changes in the last little while to get my life back to normal, to get ready for Christmas & to combat this seriously gross mouse problem we have.

I know.

That last post I wrote about the mouse..... well, the mouse apparently wasn't a loner looking for some love ...... or food. It, & when I say it, I mean it in the most inflammatory, derogatory mouse slandering way possible, came with not only a family, but a whole neighborhood of mice camped out in various places around our home. I guess this is all part of living in the country (with fields all around you, which people decide to dig up to build homes on) & not having a cat. We've had mice before, but nothing this extreme & it's really getting on my nerves. You know it's bad when you walk out of the kitchen & one of your kids screams from seeing another mouse run across the floor (this has happened more than once) Why are they avoiding me?

Anyway, now that my life is feeling back to normal, Christmas is ready, we've caught about 10 mice & my house is so clean I hardly recognize it, I've decided to officially take a holiday break.

I'm giving myself permission to not blog for the next couple of weeks & not feel guilty about it. I know that sounds ridiculous, but seriously, you know you do it too. There's something about making a commitment to do something & then when you don't do it you feel guilty about it. That is so NOT what any mother, wife, woman, person needs in their life, & yet here I am doing it to myself.

So,

I'm not going to post for the next couple of weeks unless I really want to, & I won't feel bad about it. Hooray! That's my Christmas present to myself this year. I only wish I had thought of that years ago when I was feeling guilty for all of the other things I said I would do & didn't. Oh well.

I also want to wish each of you a very beautiful & Merry Christmas. This truly is a beautiful time of year. A time to reflect on the birth of our Savior - the best gift we could ever receive, a time to serve others with more gratitude in our hearts & a time to spend with our families. Isn't it wonderful?! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. A line from my MIL's birthday song comes to mind...... "May you have God's blessings through the coming year!"

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Good for you! I know a lot of people are taking a break right now. I will be posting probably Monday and Tuesday, and then off the rest of the week. Or maybe longer. Who knows?

Merry Christmas!

Marianna said...

Merry Christmas! :)

Erin said...

You have a Merry Christmas too!

rychelle said...

I'm taking a real vacation and a blog vacation, and I can't wait.
Merry Christmas!

Nancy said...

Have a great blog vacation! And a Merry Christmas!

Joy For Your Journey said...

Ohhh! How awful! We had the same problem when we first moved into our house. We had mice everywhere! It helped when we got a swimming pool. We call it the "giant mouse catcher". We find dead mice in it all the time. So sorry! But .. . Merry Christmas! Enjoy your blog break.

Shelley said...

Merry Christmas Emilee! You only get 3 weeks off,..I like reading your blog too much! ;)

Unknown said...

I hope you guys all had a wonderful Christmas and that you had everything ready so you were able to just enjoy the rest of the season! That picture looks so cozy of the cottage covered in snow, nothing makes me want to cuddle up more than a blizzard outside! Wow, seriously you had a mouse infestation! I know some people where their greatest fear is mice (my sister in law and best friend in school).